Thursday, December 21, 2006

He is coming....

Last night we were putting yarn in the crib for Baby Jesus. (Each child is doing something each day to earn yarn to make a soft bed for Baby Jesus.) We had skipped the yarn yesterday due to time constraints. This always causes a problem because our memories are fragile. My youngest son is working on a number of things-one of which is paying closer attention at Mass (he is always well-behaved and quiet, but sometimes gets distracted by fingernails, threads on his shirt, etc.). He reports to me that he has earned 2 pieces of yarn for other things. I ask him if he should get a piecd of yarn for his attention at Mass the previous day. He responds,"I don't want to put a yarn in for that Daddy. I wouldn't want to lie and I don't remember if I was good or not." (I couldn't remember either offhand.) I thanked him and told him that I was proud of his honesty. (I should have let him put in a piece of yarn for that-except that is not what he is working on.)

As Advent winds down, we still have much to do here. A few presents still have to be finished or bought. More baking, more decorating, much more wrapping. Magically, sometime today, my office will be transformed from the Requiem Press (buy books) main office to wrapping central. We must decide on the logistics of our Christmas Carolling foray (see info about previous years here). And finally we must do (for want of a better name) "the family forgiveness" (see background and details here). Some dread this last, but most look forward to it.

With all this to do, posting may be scarce for several days, unless some profound thoughts come to mind. With that, I sign off until my Christmas greeting. Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: