Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Changes in Arlington and other notes

Fr. Jim (Dappled Things) announces the allowance of the Tridentine Mass in the Arlington diocese-along with the allowance of female altar servers. (One step forward...) If you dig into the links, you will find that the Traditional Latin Mass will be celebrated at two parishes, one in Alexandria and one in Front Royal, VA.

I have been to St. John the Baptist in Front Royal many times. It is a new church, but furnished with the beautiful remains of closed churches and very traditional in style. If you hear Mass there, you will see the chapel veil in use. Many kneel to receive Holy Communion. Front Royal of course has Seton Home School, Christendom College, Human Life International, etc. Of course the Mass at St. John the Baptist is (from my experience) a model Novus Ordo. Now they'll have the best of both worlds.

Here (hat tip to Amy Welborn) is another reason why I hold that the Republican Party and I do not share the same goals for America.

Request for prayers today. Am exploring a possible new "thing" and can use all the help I can get.

More play rehearsal tonight, followed by CCD and then the Stations of the cross. I hope to get back here, but ...

If you are bored, you can always check out the final version of the cover of our next release on my other blog.

From Bethany, the small holding in Bethune...Oremus pro invicem!

1 comment:

Jim Curley said...

Sorry I didn't get it from you first. Maybe next I will.