Thursday, June 22, 2023

St. Thomas More - pray for us!

One of my next books for Requiem Press before we went under was a short life of St. Thomas More. It was part of a larger collection on the 40 martyrs of England and Wales published many years before his canonization. The two volume work was edited by Dom Bede Camm OSB, but I believe the particular account of St. Thomas More was by a nun. 

In any event, Requiem Press did not survive. Sometimes I think we should resurrect RP in a digital format. Hmmm.

I have a pretty extensive collection of works on the 40 martyrs. Some I can't even read. One is in Latin, another in French. Now I took both languages in high school and a little in college, but it doesn't seem to help me now.

I don't really don't know what to do with the collection. I have read all of them that I can actually read. 

Today, in honor of the feast day, I reread the account of St. Thomas More and St. John Fisher contained in the first RP book: Witnesses to the Holy Mass.

Oremus pro invicem!



No comments: