Wednesday, September 21, 2016

A Bit of Sanity in an Insane World

Ah, but isn't it so true:

No, we do not need the state to compel us to do what comes naturally. But the state can compel us to do, under sufferance, what does not come naturally, or what is downright unnatural. (Anthony Esolen - complete article here.)

Of course this is what is happening.

Unfortunately not all of our pastors are supporting, guiding, and shepherding the lay faithful in what is natural and what is divinely commanded (such as the sanctity and nature - i.e. indissolvability- of marriage.)
 
I have not been paying to much attention to what is going on in the world. For example I didn't see about the bombings in NY and NJ til this morning.
 
And, I have suddenly realized I need to get an absentee ballot for the November election - no time to vote on Tuesdays with my teaching schedule. Oh yeah, who's running again? That's right, it is Darrell Castle (Constitution Party) vs. Michael Maturen (American Solidarity Party )
.
And the letter to the Argentinian bishops? Well I discuss that briefly above.
 
I catch snippets of all these things (terrorism, elections, Church doings) but my life is filled with wife, children and family right now - when I am not working.
 
I went to a Opus Dei-style evening of recollection last week and was again reminded how much MORE time I need to spend in prayer.
 
That being said....
 
Oremus pro invicem!


No comments: