Thursday, November 19, 2015

Palmer Method

Now, there are certainly more important things going on in the world, but back to ordinary complaining ....

When I was taught to write in cursive, this is the alphabet I was taught: (although I think the T had a little more flourish at my school.)



Twice my daughter has written a letter to a friend who lives on a street beginning with "Q". Twice the letter has been returned because the postmaster didn't realize the "Q" was a "Q" and not a 2 on envelope's address.
 
Several times my kids have been asked if they can read and write cursive handwriting-because few can these days-apparently including a postal worker near us.

What is the world coming to!

Oremus pro invicem!

2 comments:

TS said...

Hey Jim unrelated but did you see where marcus grodi has a new book out about his experience of taking a go at farming? Looks interesting

Jim Curley said...

I hadn't heard of it til now. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I have been sporadically working on something probably similar (although probably more comical as we have had our moments), but my progress is very slow. (How do you have time to write about it and still get the paying work done?)

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Jim