Saturday, November 01, 2014

All Saints Day

So we travelled to Columbia for All Saints Day Mass at St. Joseph Catholic Church. While some of Columbia was being snowed on, we got rained on while participating in the last day of a 40 days for life prayer vigil. We don't get much chance to pray outside of abortion clinics as there are none close to us (Thanks be to God!).
 
It was cold. I recall way back in the 70's when Ellen McCormick of NY was running in the Democratic Presidential primary on a pro-life ticket. We (my siblings and I) were volunteered to hold her signs at the polling place. It was February and it was cooooooold and snowing. I think I was partnered with my sister Judy. I recall my hands freezing, but we had a good time. And of course I was disappointed when she didn't win.

Here's another installment of a rosary meditation.

The Presentation of our Lord in the Temple:

Mary's joy, that has lived from the Angel's first visit through the birth of her Son, has a shadow of sorrow cast today. She is told a sword of pain and sorrow will pierce her heart as she will watch the suffering of her Divine Son.

Again the Cross. Most of us are born to live, but her Son is born to die on the Cross.

Can I accept God's will when it is not pleasant, or do I abandon my prayer when I am not consoled?

Go to the Mother of Sorrows and ask for strength.

Mary, my mother, pray for my perseverance.

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: