Thursday, November 13, 2008

Traditional Feast of St. Stanislaus Kostka

and the anniversary of Stanley R Curley's (my Dad) burial. This is an expected post for long-time readers-usually I comment on the mystery of having an Irish father named after a Polish saint. But I won't mention it this year.

I remember distinctly the final hymn at Dad's funeral: Holy God we Praise Thy Name-Te Deum in thanksgiving for a life well-lived and thanksgiving for a father who truly reflected God's fatherhood in our lives. My tears that day were the realization of how much I have been given yet how much is still wanting in what I give.

So today, I say: "Thanks God for a wonderful father" and "Thanks Dad for being faithful to God's will!"

May his soul rest in peace.
Oremus pro invicem!


Anonymous said...


It looks like your dad is about to say to your mom:

"Honey will you quit with that camera the boy will not sit still"

Jim Dorchak

Jim Curley said...

Could be! (By the way, I'll try to call you this week.-Jim)

Rachel said...

Prayers for your family and your father's soul today, Mr C...

Jim Curley said...

Rachel .... Thanks and God bless you!