Monday, May 19, 2008

The Weekend ...

We spent much of Saturday getting ready for our new arrivals ... we are picking up some milk goats today. More about these later.

Saturday evening we traveled to visit with some friends (maybe our last such excursion for a bit, between the goats and gas prices.) It's great to see Catholic families get together-and the interaction between children and adults during various games. I think everyone had a great time.

Sunday after Mass (and after our Knights of the Altar meeting) we had our first rehearsal in our newly formed band....We tried Red River Valley, When the Saints go Marching In, and My Old Kentucky Home. I think the first and last were the best, but we have lots of work to do.

I have a very large charcoal grill, but yesterday, instead of charcoal (none available), I cooked over wood coals. (It's much cheaper and the fire stayed hot longer. However, my clothes smell like I've been camping.) The pork chops and chicken came out fine.

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: