Saturday, December 22, 2007

Yesterday's work was quite a challenge. I am now in full-time workshop mode (unless someone orders a book). Mrs. Curley was out most of the day alone, and I left the kids cleaning the house. (They did a good job.)

I was trying to finish up a present (a rosary box) which I considered about 70% done. Well, the box didn't cooperate-or maybe it was me. I made a couple small mistakes, and in trying to fix them made a couple bigger ones.

A trip to the hardware store and a little creative engineering, and I got it done. I put on a final coat of finish this morning. Once dry, I am on to the next project-but a day late.

The next project is a bookcase for my youngest daughter. It is sort of a tradition. I have made bookcases for each of my other daughters around the time they were 6-8 years old. Now it is the youngest's turn. Each one has a different design, but each is painted pink and has a handpainted notation "-----'s Books" on the headpiece.

I think I have just enough time to do this. I need to get it made today and maybe primed. That leaves Sunday to paint it, and Monday for a second coat or to just an extra day in case something ruins my other plans.

*************************

We took our purple ribbons off the Christmas tree yesterday and put some lights on. Two strings of lights didn't work, so we need to get a couple new strings today before we finish decorating the tree.

Our tree is usually pretty full of decorations. We were afraid we wouldn't have any tinsel (or iscicles as I call them) this year as the local stores haven't carried it. But when I opened the decoration box from last year, lo and behold Mrs. Curley found 4 boxes of tinsel. We'll finish the tree as soon as we get some new lights up there.

Well, as you can see I have a full day ahead of me.

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: