Monday, December 03, 2007

Speaking of reading ...

Looks like I have some reading to do. Besides Pope Benedict's encyclical on Hope, The USCCB has issued is document on liturgical music. I must read both.

Understanding the theological virtue of hope has always been a little elusive for me. Faith and Charity seem more straigtfoward. A priest once told me that Hope is Faith in action-which confused me even more. My total undertanding of hope is encompased by the simple act of hope:

O my God, relying on Thy almighty power and infinite mercy and promises, I hope to obtain pardon of my sins, the help of Thy grace, and life everlasting, through the merits of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Redeemer. Increase my hope!

Thus, I am looking forward to reading and meditating on Spe Salvi in the coming weeks. I will probably refrain from reading other's commentary until I have read it for myself.

As for the other document (USCCB on liturgical music) I don't have high hope or any kind of expectations. But I am interested in what the US bishops have to say.

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: