Thursday, November 15, 2007

Whats going on ...

Rain! Looks like we got some last night. And it is drizzling a bit today. We are supposed to slaughter a couple chickens today for dinner tonight. Can't believe I am saying this (cause we need the rain so badly), but I hope the rain stops for a while so we can pluck the chicken in dry weather. (Pic is my youngest with one of the future dinners taken a month or so ago.)

Plan on picking the first batch of turnips and turnip greens today also. Maybe we will have a totally homegrown dinner!!!

We have rented a table at the Camden Flea Market for Saturday. For a $10 investment (cheaper than an ad in the paper for a yard sale) I think it will be more successful than our past yard sales. Mostly we have junk-but that always seems to sell the best. And I will try to sell my walking sticks and our wreaths again-but I am not too hopeful. But it should be a fun day regardless.

Finally, my next installment of "The Ways of God" - for fathers is almost done. I would look for it tomorrow.

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: