Friday, November 30, 2007

I have been pretty quiet these last two days. It is a busy time of year. Santa's workshop (aka my gararge) is in full swing, making things in every spare moment (if any).

I spent yesterday putting books up on the internet. Boy, I hate it-it is the worst of sitting in front of a computer all day! At the same time, I found myself looking around the house for items to put on ebay when I came down for dinner. Not a good sign!

One thing I did come up with is some Rock 'n Roll era records in the 78 RPM format. I have alot of 78's from my father and from my old days of searching thrift shops. But I am not a collector. I only bought things I liked to listen to.

However, some years ago, I did buy a portable (as in wind-up) "picnic" 78 rpm phonograph which included 4 or5 78's by artists from the 50's: Johnny Mathis, Fats Domino, the Jive Bombers, etc. Played them once, then put them away. Hmmm.....

Enough about ebay and on-line selling-its driving me crazy after just two days. Can't wait til the junk is cleared out.

************************

But speaking of music, I think that we sing more now than we did when we lived in the city (Columbia), but we play less records and dance less. Part of this is a space thing, and part a time thing.

Our house in the city had a little more space and thus the record player was always sitting out just begging to be turned on. And, if it was turned on, more than likely dancing would take place.

We also have a few more chores here, with the livestock, etc., so getting out the records plays second fiddle. However, Mrs. Curley and I would like to do more dancing as we did in the past. But we do more singing. It is not as good physical exercise as dancing, but it is great spiritual exercise.

Oremus pro invicem!

Our Lady of Joyful Hope-pray for us!


No comments: