Monday, October 29, 2007

Nostolgia




I was working in the garage on Sunday (not real work-making a present.) While looking for some hinges in the file cabinet, I came across a few pictures, which of course I will share with y'all.




The first two pictures are items I made some years ago. The clock is made of oak and was made for Christmas 1993 or 1994 for my parents.



The two boxes were made in the same time frame and I believe were given to friends. The one on the left is of (Philippine) mahogany and the one on the right is pine. I used to make these boxes and include 2 packs of cards, a score pad and pencil.



And the last picture is from some years before. This is the winning Kelly-Cup squad (best-drilled squad in the Corps at the Citadel) practicing. The picture is scratched up, but I am in there. The Kelly-Cup squad is made of 8 freshman with a sophomore Corporal and a junior Sergeant. I am proud to say I was the Corporal on the winning squad my sophomore year. I was the logical choice for Kelly-Cup Sergeant my junior year-but politics (in my view) won out and I didn't get the job. And note well that our company's squad didn't win that year. (You can see I still have strong feelings about this.)






No comments: