Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Frost this morning


Thick layer on the cars. I guess we better get the last tomatoes off the vine. Yesterday was beautiful all day. This is the weather I like. From now until March it is perpetual fall albeit without the colors.

Spent a couple hours yesterday in the wood shop. I am making a rosary box as a gift. I am inlaying a (metal) miraculus medal in the front of the box and a (metal) Franciscan crucifix on the lid. Yesterday's time was spent carving out the profiles for the inlays. Then I glued up the mitred sides and cut slots for the keys. Today I need to finish putting the keys in the mitre joints. They are both decorative and structural. I have some work shaping the lid, a few other minor tasks, and then its sand and sand and finish.

Sliced my finger with a chisel yesterday. Sunday I got hit in the shoulder by a piece of wood that got bound up in the table saw fence. I am usually a careful worker-not trying risker cuts. But a good bruise on the shoulder every once in a while is a good reminder.

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: