Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Each year as I approach this blog's anniversary (October 18th) I start looking back at posts from the early days. On October 25, 2004 I wrote in part-and this was addressed to Mrs. Curley:

Soon I will finish building the pantry so you have a place to store the food; soon I will take a look at that toilet that rocks precariously; in just a few days I will patch and paint that section overhead where the plaster keeps falling off; and the washer drain .... sooner than you think.

So in three years, how have I done?

Well, the pantry has been finished for a couple years anyway. The toilet (after many false fixes) was replaced (along with the floor) this past spring. The overhead section with loose plaster is unchanged. And the washer drain-finally (again after many false fixes) was taken care of this past spring.

I'm am glad I kept the list short three years ago so my batting average looks okay 3 years hence. As a matter of fact, most of the fixes accomplished were documented here. There is much more to do-some of promised 3 years ago or more...

No comments: