Friday, October 26, 2007

Baseball and Brownback


I would be remiss if I failed to mention the Red Sox in the World Series. I really love baseball and have followed the Sox since I was a kid. Yaz was something of a legend to me-he being THE star of my entire youth. I never blamed Bill Buckner for the passed ball-more I blamed Bill Stanley for the wild pitch that let it get that far.

In 2004 I moved away from all TV reception. That was the year the Red Sox decided to finally win the World Series. Of course by that time-living outside of Boston I knew none of the players anyway. I got my baseball from the Capital City Bombers a single A affiliate (this team no longer exists-replaced by another whose name escapes me.)

Now the Sox are at it again. I wish them well, but I won't see or hear (baseball is a good radio sport) them triumph.

*************************

Hat tip to Pro Ecclesia who carries a story about Senator Brownback meeting with Guiliani - exploring a possible endorsement. If it happens, I too will be very disappointed in the Senator. It seems that he is making the rounds (there is a menton of him already meeting with McCain)-but still-why go through the motions? Is this really a serious consideration? Why can most of us see what the Senator can't see?

I am late an have to go ...

No comments: