Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Yankee Doodle

Some friends of my children have gotten together and are making a Revolutionary War movie-with authentic looking costumes, props, etc. They have been filming here for the last couple days. I have been helping out here and there, mostly with transporation and fire-building.

In some sense I am a bit jealous. The camaraderie of the group (20 or more children ranging in age from 5 to 17) is something to behold (and let's face it-they have neat costumes.)

Yesterday as I was driving a group back from their battle scene in the woods-some 11 were standing and sitting in the back of my pickup-they broke out in Yankee Doodle.

They shoot one scene from the rebel side. And then they all change costumes into redcoats and shoot the other side. The young man responsible for the movie and the script has done a great job. I can't wait to see it-and maybe provide some pictures here.

Busy day ahead, between work, filming (I think I finished my contribution this morning in building a sunrise fire of just coals), and Rose Ray's funeral.

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: