Tuesday, September 18, 2007

News and notes (mostly notes)

Woke up late this morning, but my eye is much better, so the tradeoff is worth it. Don't think I can drive distances today safely, but I am getting there. Mostly it feels like I have been poked in the eye-but it doesn't go away. It waters alot making my vision blurry-which is why I can't drive.

Yesterday the air had that crisp feel to it you only get in the fall. That's not to say we won't have some warm weather yet-I have seen 85 on Thanksgiving. But the trend will be towards relief.

It also means squirrel season is almost here and rabbit season quick to follow. I bought some hollow-point cartridges yesterday for my Henry .22. I usually buy the regular, but the hollow point are such a deal, and who knows, I may get a shot at a deer sometime, and the hollow point are more likely to bring it down.

We have 20% left in our propane tank (usually we have nothing left at this time) so there is not a particular urgency to get it filled; but I called our supplier just to check out the prices: $3.09/gallon! So I called the competitor: $2.15/gallon! How can this be? I think someone is losing a customer....

I may do some substitute teaching this year at the school I taught at last year. My patent agent consulting work can be feast or famine, so maybe the sub work can fill in some gaps. Of course Requiem Press just needs more time to be a meaningful contributor to the family economy-it is succeeding-it just can't feed all the mouths depending on it quite yet.

Mrs. Curley essentially asked me this morning what my blog was about. I really can't answer. Sometimes I write hoping someone else will find what I wrote enlightening or amusing. Sometimes it is more like a diary for myself or family members. Every once in a while I write something primarily for the benefit of Mrs. Curley-not that we don't talk, we do a lot of talking-but for amusement purposes. (Sometimes I can write better than I can talk.) Sometimes I use the writing to clarify my own thoughts on a subject.

Back to work...Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: