Friday, July 27, 2007

Varia

After a 24 hour struggle, we named the new pup Dutchess. This is partially in honor of the Great Dane Mrs. Curley had as a child.

Six (6) priests will be ordained for our diocese this evening, the most for us since 1956. One is a former Marine Colonel. May God be with them tonight and throughout their priesthood.

I keep getting tempted to enter into the presidential politics fray-but it just seems way too early to me to discuss it. The other night my alma mater hosted the Democratic debate and a good friend of mine in Columbia is Sen. Brownback SC campaign director. At the same time alot of people I respect are talking up Ron Paul. I know I can't vote for either Romney or Guiliani (neither of whom can win the South). So I guess it is time to do my research as the pressure is building to make an early choice.

At the shrine on Wednesday, we watched a short video of a Polish pilgrimage for our Lady's Dormation and Assumption. Quite impressive how the culture is so Catholic there. Of course walking pilgrimages have always fascinated me. I recall fondly reading Belloc's The Path to Rome and have always wanted to do a walking pilgrimage (before my kness). Watch out! Some crazy ideas are starting to float around this head of mine....

If you are passing through or live in SC-go to the Shrine of Our Lady of Joyful Hope/SC in Kingstree. It is simple-but there is something special there...

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: