Friday, July 20, 2007

Tax time again ...

Actually, this isn't so bad. Quarterly I have to send into the state the sales tax I have collected selling books. I almost always forget and do it at the last moment. This isn't such a terrible thing. My local sales are not high (after all, how many Catholics are there in SC) and sales in general .... well, I'll just leave that one alone.

By the way, speaking of books, I might note that my long-neglected other blog still has the introduction and first chapter of John Meehan's Two Towers-the deChristianization of America and a Plan for Renewal up for free reading if you're interested. You have to scroll down a bit to get to the beginning, but its there.

And.... more good news. The 2nd Printing (yes, we sold out the 1st) of Russell Shaw's Catholic Laity in the Mission of the Church should finally be availble soon-we're looking at mid-August.

The back cover of the 2nd printing sports a few new reviews including this clip:

On the problem of clericalism, no analysis has been more clear or onstructive than that of Russell Shaw. His is a voice crying out in the
wilderness.
Dr. Scott Hahn from Ordinary Work, Extraordinary Grace

Much to do this afternoon (more books to trim) and the weekend (I think a ceiling fan and chicken coop repairs.) If we get our work done we are thinking of going to a small animal auction on Saturday night in Jefferson.

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: