Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Doings...

Monday we went to the Immaculate Conception Shrine in Washington DC and then on to the Franciscan Monastery down the street. I always like the latter better. My mother used to play on those grounds as a child and I believe my Grandfather is buried on the grounds. Both were a bit of a disappointment this year. We missed the last tour and therefore the catacombs at the Franciscan Monastery. Both had construction going on and both gift shops were closed. We got to the Monastery too late to enjoy the grounds either. But did see some wonderful statues and altars (I like the classic Franciscan Monastery works better than the more modern statutes at the Shrine.) And we got to pray.

Mrs. Curley and I barely navigated the city (once with the timely help of a truck driver I cut off trying to make an exit I missed) as we went in on a whim as we passed through.

Now we are in MA visiting family. My mom's 75th birthday party is this coming weekend. Will post as I have the chance.

By the way, the pictures are a dome painting from the Immaculate Conception Shrine and the Calvary Altar at the Franciscan Monastery.

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: