Wednesday, March 28, 2007

If you are perceptive you may note (and if you go to the Requiem Press website) that Russell Shaw's Catholic Laity in the Mission of the Church is temporarily unavailable. We have back orders and thus are doing a 2nd Printing! This has been a very good book for us-and I may say an important book overall. Of course readers of this blog had a lot to do with selecting and fine-tuning the cover of the book-for which I am grateful. (If you are desparate for a copy, I think amazon.com has a couple left.)

Please pray for the success of this endeavor. 2nd printings are what small publishers like us dream for, but they do cost money, and cash is always in short supply in these parts.

We have several projects slated for release in 2007 [a new book by Russell Shaw, a sketch of the life of Thomas More (a little known work from 1920's), and a few other things. We would very much like to do a book on the Carthusian martyrs in England. I have several works to chose from. In fact the Carthusian Martyrs got me into this whole endeavor. At one time I fancied I would write a book on them. In the course of gathering material, I discovered a treasure trove of works which were unavailable to most readers-some of which had never been published on this side of the Atlantic. Thus (along with some prayer) was born Requiem Press. Witnesses to the Holy Mass by Dom Bede Camm OSB was the first of these uncovered treasures to be published. We have not published too many more of my uncovered treasures due to the opportunities to publish some of our other books by Dr. William May, Russell Shaw, and John Meehan for instance. But we will get to some of these (the Thomas More sketch for instance) soon.

I don't want the Carthusian martyrs to wait too long, but I still toy with the idea of writing my own account. I did complete the introduction to the book. If I find it, I will post it sometime soon.

In the meantime, I will be posting some specials at RequiemPress.com this week to fill those Easter baskets.

No comments: