Monday, January 22, 2007


The school I teach at is very crowded this year. I move from classroom to classroom throughout the day (low man on the totem pole). One of my classes is in the loft over the gym. Not ideal, but we deal with it. It is also the only room I teach in without a crucifix. I have been meaning to get one all year-but have never seemed to get the time.

I mentioned this at home and my 6-year old son offered to draw me an icon. Displayed is the image. (I am a proud father, not above bragging occasionally.) I will be tacking it up in the loft today.

Request for prayers... Jim Madden, brother of author Bro. Charles Madden OFM passed away a few days ago. Please pray for his soul and the consolation of his family.

Requiem aeternam dona eis Domine, et lux perpetua luceat eis. Requiescant in pace. Amen. — Eternal rest grant to them O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May they rest in peace. Amen.

Jumping on the bandwagon (and will add it eventually to my sidebar) is to note the new blog: Grant Them Rest. Of course this is a cause very dear to our hearts here.

Oremus pro invicem!

2 comments:

TS said...

Unrelated, but how's "The Great Divorce" going? I just read on Pontifications blog this comment: "There is more good theology on this topic contained in C.S. Lewis' whimsical fantasy, 'The Great Divorce', than in a dozen theology books I have seen that try to figure out how to hold together the mercy and justice of God."

Lee Cunningham said...

If you would like me to add Jim Madden to GRANT THEM REST, please email me with any info that you would like me to include in the blog.

Agnus Dei...dona nobis pacem.