Friday, January 05, 2007

Merry Christmas!

It has been several days since any new entry has appeared here. No excuses....

A couple days left in the "official" Christmas season-although I am sure our tree will be up for a while-maybe til the Presentation of our Lord on 2 February. Once school and work start up again, it is hard to remember you are still in the Christmas season.

At the school where I teach, I mentioned in class that we were still within the twelve days of Christmas. Several students were confused, thinking those twelved days PRECEEDED the 25th of December. Could blog more about this phenomenon-but others (most recently here and a tremendous reprint editorial on the subject in The Wanderer a couple weeks ago) already have.

We did remember to sing Christmas carols last night before saying our nightly prayers. And when I sing songs to the kids in bed, I insist on Christmas songs until the Epiphany has passed. (Although I made an exception last night when my youngest insisted that the song "Cradle of Ice" was a Christmas song. What's that you say? "Cradle of Ice"-you have never heard it? It is more commonly known as "Edelweiss". The confusion lies on two fronts. It is thought of as a Christmas song because it is the music box movement in a Christmas gift I made for daughter number 2. Who knows how the other confusion came to be on its name.)

Ormeus pro invicem!

No comments: