Saturday, November 18, 2006

Car Trouble?

Yesterday I get a call while I am teaching. Mrs. Curley has taken the Subaru up to St. Catherines for Mass and it is making funny noises. She thinks it is overheating cause she hears that 'bubbling sound' even though the temperature gauge is okay. I walk her through a couple fluid checks-but tell her to go to Mass before she does them. Later I try to call and see how things are going, but she doesn't answer.

Here's the story: She checks these the fluids and all is fine. She does notice she has a very low front passenger tire and gets that pumped up before heading home. She heads home and hears the funny sound again.

Number 3 son who is with her happens to drop something on the floor, and bending over to get it, notices that daughter's portable radio is on and spouting statice. Yes-this is the noise.

Now I don't tell this story to embarass Mrs. Curley-although after she reads this, I am sure she will threaten to get her own blog and tell some stories of her own. This story is just too funny not to put out there. It reminds me of this story I posted a little over a year ago (here I am excerpting my own blog posts-how vain it that?):

Just outside of Charlotte, Mrs. Curley and oldest daughter started being alarmed at 'smoke' coming from around my (the driver's) seat. Mrs. Curley begged me to pull over, but I saw nothing. Suddenly oldest daughter sighed. The hairspray was spraying because someone had put a book or something on it. The first crisis avoided.

And then they wonder why I am sometimes hesitant to take the car in for some funny noise that they hear and I don't?

******************

Okay, how about this funny story... it concerns the young lady holding the shrimp in the post below. One day little daughter lets out a nice sneeze.

Mrs. Curley: "God bless you!"
Daughter: Thank you.
Mrs. Curley: Are you going to bless me?
Daughter: Why? You didn't Achoo?
Mrs. Curley: What do you mean 'Achoo'?
Daughter: You only bless someone when they Achoo.
Mrs. Curley: You mean when they sneeze.
Daughter: No, when they Achoo.
Mrs. Curley: What is a sneeze?
Daughter: I don't know.
Mrs. Curley: When you "Achoo", that is a sneeze.
Daughter: Oh.

********************

This reminds me of a play my sister wrote when we were kids: "Please Sneeze". It was the story about a princess who would only marry a prince who had a pleasant sneeze as she figured that she would have to live with this all through the cold winters in their kingdom. I remember playing the prince and balking at the scene where I had to kiss my younger sister.

Speaking of my sister, she should be coming down here for Thanksgiving. Uh Oh, speaking of Thanksgiving, I have a kitchen floor to finish.... I'm off.

May the souls of the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace. Amen

No comments: