Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Yesterday I spend much of the day getting shipments ready for our newest release. It is not high concentration work for the most part, so I asked each child to come up to the office individually during the day. We said two decades of the rosary and then talked about whatever they wanted for a half and hour or so. This is something I should have been doing all along.

***************************

Read the Fr. Lane posts here, here, and here over at TS' place.

****************************

Something to remember from the The Deliberate Agrarian

The point is, if you read this blog, or my recently published agrarian book, and that is all you ever knew about me and my family, you would think ours is a perfect little family and our agrarian life is nothing but beauty and sweetness.

In so thinking, you might look at your own life situation and compare your reality to the agrarian perception you have of my life. And, in so comparing, you may think you are coming up short of the agrarian ideal that you so desire but can’t seem to attain. That, my dear reader, would be a mistake—a very serious mistake.

I say that because the perception and the imagined ideal that could grow from it is not reality. The picture-perfect cheeseburger does not exist and the picture perfect agrarian life does not exist either, at least it does not in my experience and I’m quite certain it doesn’t in anyone else’s
experience either.

**************************

Finally, I must say I agree with Long-Skirts' analysis (in fact I wrote my bishop about this some years ago):

WASHINGTON (CNS) -- This year because All Saints Day, Nov. 1, falls on Saturday, the usual obligation of U.S. Latin-rite Catholics to attend Mass that day is abrogated, said the July newsletter of the bishops' Committee on Liturgy

...AND THE PURSUIT

Ascension Thursday's Sunday.
Corpus Christi got the boot.

And this year, since it's Saturday,
All Saints' Day will be moot.

'Cause Saturday's by Sunday.
And Monday just won't scoot

And two days in a row for God...
That's yielding too much fruit.

So if we play our cards right,
Let money trump all suits,

We'll end all militant Sundays
Obliging happy pursuits.

***************************

Have a blessed day. From Bethany, the small holding in Bethune...Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: