So we are having my brother, his bride, and new baby (my Godson) down for a few days-so of course we are frantically cleaning (because you know, one only cleans when company is coming). I am always insistent that we don't start "projects" the week before visitors. But sometimes they just happen....
Yesterday I drew the upstairs shower (to clean). Without getting to graphic, apparently I cleaned to well, because by the time I was done, all the caulking was gone. Further, I discovered that the shower door wasn't closing all the way at the bottom-thus water has been leaving the shower at an alarming rate. Taking up the mat outside the shower, I notice that the tile is buckled. So I take up a few tiles and find WET underneath.
I should never even enter a bathroom: either plumbing or floor repair is bound to happen.
Fortunately the door was easy to fix. The caulking is redone. I have fan going on to accelerate the subfloor drying. AND I found some extra tiles of the same design in the garage. So everything should be put back together before brother arrives.