Friday, May 12, 2006

Update on things

Well, had the interview this morning. It went well I would say. Should know something in a week or so. It is teaching position. One comment about my resume was, "Well, if he taught nuns before and survived, he should do okay here."

It is true, I used to teach college classes in science and math to some wonderful nuns part-time in the evenings some years ago. Their convent wanted them to get a college education and it was cheaper to bring in teachers than to enroll them all in the local college. I taught Physics twice, Chemistry once, and College Algebra once. The Physics was by far the most fun for both the students and myself. I don't think any of them will ever forget the cartoons I drew of a pregnant Mrs. Curley on the blackboard when I was explaining why pregnant women have backaches (hint: it has to do with center of gravity).

No comments: