Thursday, May 11, 2006

Sitting here with a Pabst Blue Ribbon...

Mrs. Curley had to stop somewhere for medicine on the way home from the doctors' (2 down with walking pneumonia-I know, it this sob story for real?) and got some medicine for me in the form of PBR. In different parts of the country various brands of beer have great popularity. Coors in the Rocky Mountain States, etc. etc. In the South it's "Ice Cold Beer". It don't matter the brand as long as its ice cold. (This actually was the result of a professional survey some 20 years ago.) So PBR-ice cold-well its not as good as Guiness, but then again, what is?

Was in Columbia on Tuesday and heard an old Merle Haggard favorite on the radio. I heard it in years-mostly cause I seldom listen to radio anymore. But hearing this song prompted me to listen to the country radio station for a bit longer. In some senses I am sorry I did, cause there was not much else on there to celebrate. Here goes, if listen hard you can hear me singing it:

I've been throwing horseshoes
Over my left shoulder
I've spent most all my life
Searching for that four-leafed clover

Yet you ran with me,
Chasing my rainbows
And honey I love you, too
that's the way love goes.

Speaking of country music, I am more partial to folk/bluegrass. I really don't know exactly what you would call what I like, but I know what I like when I hear it.

I need to find a copy (I think I sold mine in a yard sale by mistake one time) of the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band's Will the Circle Be Unbroken Vol. II album. There is a Volume I, which I would probably like but never had a copy. The album is basically a bunch of country singers and players sitting around a living room singing songs-hosted by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. There was some really good country music on that (those) albums.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.