Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Bishop Lennon ... Cleveland

Reading around the blogs (I saw it a Openbook) Bishop Lennon, auxilary of Boston, was named the new Bishop of Cleveland.

Two connections for me here-however tenuous-I lived in Cleveland for 2 years of graduate school at John Carroll University. (There's a job for Bishop Lennon, getting the Jesuits to make JCU a Catholic college again.)

Bishop Lennon, used to be the spiritual director for the Daughters of St. Paul, whose USA motherhouse is in Boston. My sister is a Daughter and my mother used to do some work with them. When my Dad died, Bishop Lennon (I think he had just been named a bishop) con-celebrated my Dad's funeral Mass.

I don't know Bishop Lennon personally, but appreciated the time he took when my Dad died. I wish him well in Cleveland and we will pray for him there.

No comments: