Saturday, December 03, 2005

Prayer Request...

Further Update: Thanks for the all the prayers. Here is an update to the story. This one mentions Uncle Joe's name. At the time of my first post, not all of his grandchildren had been notified.

I hadn't seen Uncle Joe in some 11 years. Aunt Clara (his wife) is my Mom's oldest sister. Uncle Joe was boxer in college, (you don't hear that often anymore.) Aunt Clara and Uncle Joe gave us our Nativity Set as a wedding present. Most of my kids don't remember ever meeting them, but know them because I mention their names every year when we are setting up the figures.

******************************************************

My aunt was diagnosed with cancer a couple weeks ago after a routine surgery discovered widespread cancer. While the exact diagnosis of the spread of the disease is unclear at this point, it is very serious and may be very well be shortly terminal. She is still in the hospital or rehab center recovering.

Late last night her husband, my uncle, was dropped off at his apartment after spending the day with his wife. The lady in the apartment below left a pot on the stove and fire resulted. Everyone escaped from the building except my uncle who died in the fire.

I have five cousins in this family. They are a close family but I know this unexpected death of their father on top of the upset and concerns of their mom's sickness must be very difficult.

Please remember them and soul of my uncle in your prayers tonight.


Requiem aeternam dona eis Domine, et lux perpetua luceat eis. Requiescant in pace. Amen. — Eternal rest grant to them O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May they rest in peace. Amen.


Update: Link to the fire story here

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog and the one from Kenneth (a cousin or sibling I assume) are very touching. We will pray for all of you, but especially for your uncle and aunt.

Kelly Thatcher said...

Dear Jim,

I've prayed for your uncle and your aunt and look forward to continuing, along with asking God's blessings on your family and on you, too.

I'm so sorry.

JohnE said...

Please be assured that all four of us have your uncle's soul, your aunt, and cousins in our prayers!

Pax vobis,

John

Julie D. said...

How terrible! I will certainly keep all of you in my prayers.

Tracy Fennell said...

They shall be remembered in my prayers.

Jim Curley said...

Thanks all for your prayers.

Anonymous: I had never heard of Kenneth until I saw your comment. I have found (after some research), that Kenneth is a cousin by marriage (if there is such a thing. I never follow these 1st, 2nd, removed etc. cousin descriptions). Joe was his uncle (his father's brother). Joe was my uncle, (my Mother's sister's husband).

Kelly-I am thankful for your comment and prayers as I know you have urged on your blog prayers for the holy souls in purgatory in the past.

Not that I am any less appreciate of anyone else's prayers. Jule, John and Tracy-thanks.