Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Blogging may be sparse the next few days - I woke up this morning and the computer was completely dead! I have temporarily hooked up an older computer we had hanging around, but ....

However, here is an important request:

We are planning a little trip in the coming month to deliver my oldest daughter here and want to make the trip one of pilgrimage on the way up the east coast from SC to MA. We will in all likelihood go to the Martyrs Shrine in Auriesville, NY which is a family favorite. We have some other favorites, like the Franciscan Monastery in DC, (my mother grew up around the corner from the monastery and used to play in the 'catacombs' in the basement), but we will probably avoid sites in cities as we want very cheap accomodations (camping or cheap motels) along the way. The pilgrimage site can be a shrine or simply the most beautiful little chapel you have ever seen. We would appreciate all suggestions over the next week or so.

I may not post much in meantime - but keep the suggestions coming.

From Bethany, the small holding in Bethune...

Oremus pro invicem!

2 comments:

alicia said...

I personally love the Divine Mercy shrine in Massachusetts. There is also a lovely shrine to Our Lady of La Sallette in New Hampshire. If you make it up our way, we would be delighted to put you and the family up at our house. We have a huge house that we rattle around in since only one child is left at home. And you would only be a short hop away from John Meehan.....
send me an email if you are interested. link on my blog!

Jim Curley said...

Alicia - I had forgotten about the Divine Mercy Shrine - and it would be (almost) on the way to Boston from Auriesville, NY. We have never been there. This one we will definitely have to put on the list. Thanks - I will send an email re: your gracious offer.