Wednesday, January 26, 2005

The Difference and Clearing my head

This morning we had to take one the cars in for brakes and an overheating problem. I left first and asked Mrs. Curley if she remembered where the Auto Shop was. She said that she thought so, "Once you're in Camden, you turn left at the Pizza Hut", She said. I replied, "No, you turn left at the Bank of America." Turns out we were both correct. Just goes to show the difference between two people - you tend to pay attention to what is on your mind and what you are interested in. (Mrs. Curley's response to my analysis: "If you would make more money I could get more pizza)

When we first moved to Bethune and got our dog Challenger, I used take him and one of the boys each day on a walk through the forest (pine tree farms) which border our property. Our neighbor leased these areas to hunters for the deer season, so our walks ceased. Now that deer season is over, I am back to taking this walk/run every afternoon at about 4:00. One of the fascinating things for both myself and the boys, is seeing clear animal tracks on the trails. We have positively identified deer and racoon, and tentatively identified coyote and possum.

These walks also clear and sharpen my mind. I tend to work out all my outlines and do all my writing in my head first before ever committing to paper. I had an article deadline last Friday but couldn't seem to put it together. An hour in the woods with Challenger (and God) solved my problem.

From the small holding in Bethune...

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: