Monday, December 13, 2004

Happenings


Saturday: The three oldest boys (11, 10, 8) and myself built a modest lean-to type shelter onto the side of the garage to house their bicycles and outside equipment (balls, bats, and the like). I promised to be just the foreman giving directions and would let them do 90% of the actual construction work. Well we didn't quite manage that, I probably put in 20-25%, but the goal was achieved. It took the entire afternoon, but at the end of the day, they had constructed a solid structure.

Sunday: My six-year old daughter and eight-year old son made their first Holy Communion at the 11:30 Liturgy at St. Catherine's. My 11-year old and 10-year old were serving. Fr. John administered the Holy Eucharist to the First Communicants while they were kneeling in the first pew. Ah, if only all of us were allowed the privilege of kneeling before our King while receiving!

Monday: reminiscent of the entry at El Camino Real, here, I received a phone call this afternoon from a telemarketer. As we signed off, she said "Happy Holidays". I replied, Merry Christmas". She replied, "I love it! They told us we had to say 'happy holidays', but Merry Christmas to you too!" [Although, even here, it is early (about 12 days) to be saying Merry Christmas anyway.]

From the small holding in Bethune ...

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: