Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Of Hair Transplants and Patents


Before launching Requiem Press earlier this year, I was a Patent Agent. I worked for a company handling their intellectual property and patent work. I haven't practiced as a Patent Agent for some months.


I am bald. My father was bald and my brothers are all in one stage of baldness or another.

This morning I got a call from the US Patent Office. They had me listed (erroneously) as the Agent of Record on a case. Out of curiousity I asked what case it was - they replied that it was a patent on hair transplants from a company in Norway.

Mrs. Curley thought this was soooo funny.

My father, (may his soul and all the souls of the faithful departed rest in peace), once told me that it isn't that bald jokes aren't funny - it is that if you are bald, you will have heard every bald joke and variation within about six months - therefore there is nothing left to laugh at.

--------------------------

Kids are still sick (this has never happened before) so Mrs. Curley and I are still on dog and chicken duty. Not that we have anything else to do.

From the small holding in Bethune on the feast of Pope Saint Leo the Great...

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: