Tuesday, November 23, 2004

"God's Secret Agent"


I remember getting an 'Encounter Book' (Daughters of St. Paul) when I was 8-10 years old named "God's Secret Agent" about Miguel Pro, whose feast is today. I was amazed a few years later at seeing an actual photograph of Fr. Pro with hands outstretched with rosary and crucifix just before dying.


We watched "Fiddler on the Roof" for the first time (for the Curley's) the other night. What impressed me about the whole story was that this movie was about the father's ongoing conversation with God. Mrs. Curley and number one daughter think I should do my own rendition of "If I were a Rich Man" at the bonfire sing-along to be held Friday night. I am thinking about it. (Lots of words to memorize at my age though.)


The county library here has a number of old western videos (Roy Rogers, Hopalong Cassidy, John Wayne, etc. - although not many books). They had two of the old Zorro serials made during the forties. They also had "The Mark of Zorro" starring Douglas Fairbanks Sr. This is the silent version made in 1920. Douglas Fairbanks does his own stunt work. It is quite entertaining, and in fact the only Zorro movie I have seen which actually has some character development - even though silent.


From the small holding in Bethune ...


Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: